What is Hui style garden? Huizhou garden covers a wide range, including not only the gardens existing on the land of Huizhou, but also the gardens with Huizhou architectural style existing outside Huizhou area, guided by Huizhou cultural concept and for the gathering or enjoyment of Huizhou people living in other places.
The six characteristics of Huizhou garden are as follows:
1. Taking "the unity of man and nature" as the leading ideology. Influenced by Cheng and Zhu's Neo Confucianism, it pays attention to the harmony between man and nature and the unity of man and environment.
2. The basic content is the connotation of Huizhou culture. Its architecture contains a very rich cultural connotation of Huizhou. From the structure of the garden to the conception of the garden name, from the name of the scenic spot to the layout of the scenery, all reflect the inside information of Huizhou culture.
3. Based on the geographical landscape of Huizhou. The landscape of Huizhou is meandering, the hills are undulating, the land is few, the shape is narrow, the mountains are high and the water is long. Such geographical conditions restrict the scope, pattern and style of Huizhou gardens. Therefore, it has become a major feature to rely on the mountain to take shape and to take advantage of the water. Its essence is to learn from nature.
4. Huizhou animals and plants and local building materials are used as building materials. Although it is decorated with a small amount of foreign ornaments, most of them are decorated with local animals and plants in Huizhou, especially the plum, bamboo, pine and stone in Huizhou. On the one hand, it is to reduce the cost, and more importantly, it is to achieve the harmony and unity between the construction in the garden and the environment outside.
5. With the architectural style of Hui style as the keynote. Some gardens are located in the courtyard, which is integrated with the Hui style buildings with white walls and tiles. Although there are not many buildings in some gardens, the charm of Huizhou architecture is highlighted in all the highlights.
6. For the purpose of being quiet and pleasant. Although it has a variety of functions, such as playing, watching, self-cultivation, nurturing, gathering and so on, quiet is the most important thing. Because the construction of gardens is mainly for the retired officials and tycoons to enjoy or prepare for their retirement. Only quietness can cultivate one's self-cultivation, and only quietness can relax one's body and mind and prolong one's life.
There are many kinds of Huizhou gardens, which decorate the ancient land of Huizhou into a big garden, making people living in it "like a field in the city" and "introducing landscape into home".